Sunday, March 14, 2010

Irish Blessing

Last week I was at a craft store when I saw a display of items for Saint Patrick’s Day I saw a bunch of plaques with Irish Blessings in them. . I always loved the Irish Blessing “May the road…”. At first I did not see it and then I found it all the way in the back. I started saying it to mom and busted out in tears. I used to sing this at a camp/retreat I attended for youth leaders. For some reason this really spoke to me. Mom bought it for me and hung it in the family room. All week I have been walking around singing it. This week I have been watching YouTube videos and got the idea to try my hand at making a video. In honor of St. Patrick's day and my Irish roots, I recorded the song and found pictures that I have taken throughout the years on my hiking and exploring trips. Please forgive the singing, but I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Okay ~ that just turned me to mush! Alli, the photos were spectacular and it was great to hear your voice signing a song you love! I think that God is surely holding you in his hands, even when it doesn't seem like it.

By the way, I wanted to say to your previous post, that I think cancer is not a gift. Who would you want to give it to for their birthday or Christmas? It is a teacher, that is for sure, but not a gift. As for exchanging it for something else, that is an intriguing question. I'd not trade for diabetes because I watched that disease take my sister and mother's lives. I think I have what I am supposed to have, and I pray that I will learn the lessons that are in it for me, and that something will be learned by others through my experience.

Big hugs and Happy St. Patrick's Day!