Saturday, January 3, 2009

Precious Moments

This year I made many of my Christmas gifts. I started knitting hats last year after I lost my hair. This year I wanted to give gifts from the heart and hands to my friends and family. When the gift list for my nephews came out and had hats and scarves on it, I knew just what to give them and I lovingly knitted each of the little ones a scarf and hat for Christmas.
I spent Christmas day with 3 of the 5 nephews and was able to be there when they open their gifts. The 4 y/o twins immediately put them on and laughed. One of them, Adam even walked around shrugging his arms and said he was pretending to be cold. It was such a good moment - I hope to remember it forever, filed with other precious moments in flash cubes of memories. Below is a picture of me and my nephews and their hats. Not the best picture, but the moment was priceless.



This is what life is all about - smiles and laughs.

4 comments:

grammy54 said...

Allison,
I miss seeing you around here at T. Rowe but am very pleased to hear that you are happy with your new job. It looks like you are a very busy lady! Sheryl Crow?? Wow!!!! I think she is a very beautiful woman, inside and out from what I can ascertain in the limited world of the media(s). Allison, I do not pretend to have the words to express how very sorry I am that this is happening to you. I cannot fathom the reserves of strength you have obviously drawn from that keeps you going in as positive a manner as you do. I have always felt that there was something special about you and I was instantly drawn to you from the first time we met. You have an edge to you that sometimes can seem off putting, but for those who stick around and look a little deeper,they are rewarded with a very witty, intelligent,genuine, caring, and funny lady. For whatever time you were in my life and for however little time we spent together, I truly feel blessed. I am here for you if you need anything and I hope you will call on me if you do. My thoughts, prayers and my love are with you always. Sincerely, Sheila

Kris said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photo, the hats and the obvious joy your photo displays! It made me think of the Thomas Merton quote I heard today: "This day will never come again." I think that's so true and believe we must all treasure each moment, something you surely did with your nephews. I still will call but I've had laryangitis (sp?) so talking of the phone hasn't worked so well this week. Sending you hugs and prayers.

CJ said...

Allison,
While I wish that I found you years ago, I am so incredibly excited to have found you now.

I am sitting here at my desk thinking about the Claggett conferences we coordinated and the years of work that went into the Youth Seat, Voice, and Vote.

I am not sure if you are interested, but there is a growing facebook group dedicated to Claggett. I hope you consider joining and sharing some of what you remember. I promise the love that you receive in return is overwhelming. unconditional love of course... :)

You are in my thoughts.

~chris jacob

Walk Stars said...

Flash Cubes? You must be older than you look.

I had always heard that wool was itchy but at the yarn store the wools feel so soft. Which yarns/fibers are the most comfortable for bald heads and sensitive skin? I am new to knitting and would hate to give someone a hat that made their poor scalp itch or burn.

Thanks!