Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have stubble!!

Well it is official. My hair is growing back. My eyebrows are starting to fill in and I have stubble on my head. Amazing what happens when you don’t have chemo running through your veins.

Last night I organized a Screw Cancer Happy Hour for work. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to several other young adult cancer survivors. We shared our stories, laughed and commiserated with each other about our own personal journey through cancer.

My sister and 2 y/o nephew is coming into town tonight and staying until Monday night. I am looking forward to some quality time with them.

Next week I am going to Florida to visit my grandmother. It will be nice to get out of town for a couple of days and into the warm weather.

There is another Happy Hour next Wednesday in Fells Point if anyone wants to join me. It should turn out to be another fun night.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Hello Stubble Head! I was thinking about you this morning and decided to check here before emailing you. I'm glad to hear that you've been having some good times and are seeing relatives. Enjoy the weather in Florida and I'll check in with you next week. We've got a little rain here in CA and I've got a newly adopted dog. Take care hugs.....

Aftercancer said...

Enjoy your stubble, before you know it you'll be bitching about your hair again.

Not to be preachy or offer unwanted advice but have you had any contact with Meg Wolff? She's huge in macrobiotics and survived two different cancers. I've listed her site if you're interested and of course just ignore it if you're not. Good Luck!

http://www.megwolff.com/about.html

Matthew Zachary said...

Live it. Love it. Laugh it. And enjoy the nice weather down south. Rock on! Matthew Zachary