Thursday, September 11, 2008

Anticlimatic

I just got back from my scan. The ending is very anti climatic compared to the prep. It was entertaining though. I was taken back to a room to change into a gown. Luckily they gave me one to use as a robe so I did not get a back draft. The technician was very nice and only made me take a couple more sips of the disgusting stuff. I then went into the scan room and they hooked me up to an IV for the iodine dye. The most exciting part was when they injected the dye I felt flushed and felt like I was going to pee my pants.

The whole thing took about 20 minutes. The only thing I have to remember it by is a band aid on my arm where they put the IV and the fact that I have to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so.

Now I just have to wait for the results and hope that nothing is too bad and they can still go ahead with surgery on Monday. I am ready to get these parts removed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that it is finally over and the barium is making it's way out. I hope it all went well in the end (hahahaha) If nothing else...never lose your humor.

Shelly B