Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tour of the Island

Today turned out to be a great day. I did not feel that well this morning. No, I did not drink too much last night. Today was a much warmer day, although it is nothing compared to what you all are experiencing. After being in the sun for about 2 hours, I sat in the lobby for a while and read. It is covered, but still open to the breeze so it was very nice.

This afternoon we went on a jeep tour. It was pretty cool to see different parts of the island and to hear the history. The best part and worst part of the tour was the natural pool. It was the worst, because the dirt road was full of ruts and was very bumpy. I knew it was going to be bumpy, but it got very rough a couple times and I was taken airborne. The natural pool was spectacular. It is surrounded by rocks and filled with beautiful fish. There are 88 steps that can be a little steep to get down to the pool, but once we were there the whole trip was worth it. The water temp was perfect, the pool calm and the snorkeling was great. Since the snorkeling the other day turned out to be a bust for me, it was very nice to have some good snorkeling.

I was not so sure how I was going to do with the steps on the way up, but I did remarkably well. It felt great to come back to the resort, get a drink and take a shower. Yes, I got the drink first; a girl has got to have her priorities set.

Well we are starving and off to diner. I will download today’s pictures later. Miss you all, but having a great time.

No comments: