Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Getting into shape

I have decided that now that I am feeling better that it is time to get into shape. I have two goals. The first one is that I am participating in a 24 hour bike relay. I have joined a team from the Ulman Cancer Fund. The ride is on September 6-7. The bike ride is called the 24 hours of booty.

http://www.24hoursofbooty.org/site/TR/Bike/General?px=1023743&pg=personal&fr_id=1051&et=IybIfRrCbwzF-qxagoCKUQ..&s_tafId=1086

It started in North Carolina on what is called the Booty loop. The money that I fundraise goes to LiveStrong (Lance Armstrong Foundation) and The Ulman Cancer Fund. Two very worthy causes, my fundraising goal is only $500. Thanks to those that are already supporting me.

I have not gotten on my bike in over a year and it is going to take some effort to get back on the horse so to speak, but I have the entire summer.

My other goal is to run a 5K by next June. I am not a runner and have not run since high school, but I have been trying to walk and I figure if I work hard enough I will be able to do it. I just have to remember baby steps.

On the medical front, I met with the doctor yester day and I am going to have a hysterectomy this summer. The doctors have conferred and they feel I am strong enough and it is the next step in my recovery. I am actually ok with this and think it is a good idea.

No comments: