Howard County Executive Ken Ulman Proclaims
May 13 LIVESTRONG™ Howard County
Wear Yellow & Join Us on May 13 at 11 AM
at the Lakefront in Downtown Columbia
LIVESTRONG™ Howard County Activities:
· Remarks by County Executive Ken Ulman and others
· Raffle: Autographed Lance Armstrong memorabilia and more!
· LIVE music
· Box lunch special available at Clyde's & Tomato Palace
· With a $10 donation to the Lance Armstrong Foundation you will receive a coupon to Clyde's or Tomato Palace for 20% off from May 12 - May 18, 2008.
To participate in LIVESTRONG™ Howard County:
· Sign-up (contact Tessa Goldscher - email@example.com or 410-964-0202 x103)
· Wear yellow - take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Attend lunchtime lakefront gathering - pick up your LIVESTRONG™ wristband & hear about the progress we're making in the fight against cancer!
· Make a donation to the Lance Armstrong Foundation in support of LIVESTRONG™ Howard County.
More about LIVESTRONG™ Howard County
WHAT: Wear yellow and gather around Columbia's Lakefront in support of those affected by cancer. Join the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, to show support and raise awareness.
Bring your lunch or visit a participating restaurant and enjoy live music.
LIVESTRONG™ Howard County will support LIVESTRONG™ Day, the Lance Armstrong Foundation's (LAF) one-day initiative to unite people affected by cancer and raise awareness and funds for the cancer fight.
On May 13, more than 500 LIVESTRONG™ Day events will take place in communities across the country to raise awareness and funds to support the fight against cancer.
Learn more about LIVESTRONG™ Howard County.
WHERE: Columbia Lakefront (Lake Kittamaquandi)
WHEN: Tuesday, May 13, 2008, at 11:00 AM
WHO: Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, County Executive Ken Ulman, Young Adult Cancer Survivors, and local businesses and organizations
WHY: Unacceptable gaps exist between what we know about preventing, screening for and treating cancer and what we do. These gaps in action are responsible for 180,000 of the 560,000 lives we lose to cancer each year. United we will make cancer a national priority and end needless death and suffering from the disease.
About the Lance Armstrong Foundation
The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) unites people through programs and experiences to empower cancer survivors to live life on their own terms and to raise awareness and funds for the fight against cancer. The LAF focuses on cancer prevention, access to screening and care, research and quality of life for cancer survivors. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF has raised more than $250 million for the fight against cancer. Join 60 million LIVESTRONG wristband wearers and help make cancer a national priority. Unite and fight cancer at LIVESTRONG.org.