Saturday, May 17, 2008

I have hair

It is true it is growing. For the last couple of months it will grow a little stubble, but then it would fall out again. It has been about a weeks worth of growth and have about 1/8 inch. I talked to the doctors about it last week and they said stranger things have happened. I hope that it sticks around this time and continues to grow.

I have been thinking a lot about my diagnosis this week and I have decided it is all BS. In January they told me 6 months. Well it has been 5 months so far and I am doing well. I am determined to beat this one more time. Third time is a charm and I want to survive this - bad prognosis or not. I am tired all the time from chemo and feel like I could sleep 20 hours a day, but I think that is to be expected with how hard my body is working. Everyone says I look good and have good color. I guess I am starting to feel hopeful. I went to the pulminologist on Wednesday and she said my lungs sound great.

In the last couple of weeks I started thinking about the future. I spent a lot of time in the garden planting flowers. I put in quite a few perennials. I don’t know what this all means, but maybe I will get more time at least, but as I said in my speech on Tuesday, I live for each day.

No comments: