Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Beautiful Sunny Day

Yesterday was a great day. The LIVESTRONG day was awesome. We would have liked to have more people attend, but I believe that those that attended got a lot out of it. I was really nervous about my speech and appreciate all those who helped me with it or just helped me calm down on Monday night. Although, I did not memorize it and read from the paper, I think the speech went really well. It was nice to learn more about LIVESTRONG and the Lance Armstrong foundation as well as area resources. I got pumped up with all the support that is out there.

Speaking of support, I am constantly amazed by the support I get through my friends and especially through St. John’s. I am so blessed to have so many people that care and I want to express my gratitude to my latest benefactor. You know who you are and I thank you for the financial support. The medical expenses and past debt can be daunting and I appreciate your gift.

Only 21 days till Aruba. Sara called me the other day to tell me the temperature in Aruba at most times. We are both getting very excited. I went shopping and bought some clothes that actually fit. This is good and bad. It is nice to have some new clothes that look good and that I am not uncomfortable in, yet now I am not really motivated to lose weight and I have been embracing my gluttony with brownies and ice cream with lots of fudge sauce.

No comments: