Monday, March 10, 2008

Late night creativity

Wow - Two blogs within the same week!! I am sure some of you are surprised. Remember: I can not be held responsible if you fall off your chair in shock and sustain injuries. If you have not checked the post for a while, make sure you scroll down to the posting from last week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After I wrote my blog the other night, I spent some time selecting and cropping some pictures I have taken of flowers in my gardens of years past and sent them to Costco to be printed at 3am. On Saturday I was able to go pick up the prints and I framed them. I am going to hang them on my wall in my bedroom. I have been meaning to do this for over a year, but for some reason never had the right urge. I will try to post a few up on the blog as well.

When I told my acupuncturist about my late night activities; He said that the middle of the night is when the liver is most active and when we are most creative. I am not sure if there is a connection between the liver and creativity, but I can certainly see a connection between late nights and creativity. I have been knitting hats lately. Well not really knitting, I am using a knitting hoop. I try to find time in the evenings, but lately I have such hard time sleeping through the night I have found that is a good time to knit and it helps. I think the whole thing with being creative in the middle of the night is that I can focus on that one thing and not have my mind jump all over the place like it does during the day. Maybe that is why I seem to be better at blogging at night.

Now as much as I enjoy these creative spurts, I am sick and tired of being awake in the middle of the night. I worked from 9:30-3:30 today, went to the Dr and then to physical therapy. By the time I got home at 7:15 I was exhausted. Not sure if that is what my doctor calls taking it easy and only working half days. I ended up falling asleep on the couch from 8-9:30 and now I can't fall asleep at all. It is so frustrating. I talked to my Dr about it today and I am going back on the other sleeping pill. It helps me go to sleep right away and keeps me from waking up through out the night. Unfortunately it takes a couple of days for my system to adjust to the medicine before I feel its full effect. I guess that is why I am typing this at midnight

I am trying to figure out if there is a connection with my liver and not being able to sleep. Is the liver just being annoying to my body and keeping it awake? Or is it that the big fat tumors in the liver have something to do with? If so, I can add not sleeping to my list of million reasons why Cancer sucks, I think I am somewhere around #27,886.

Does the tumor sit around and say? "OK I have not caused any problems lately, how about I rear my ugly head up around 2 am, affect her sleep and cause her back pain...ha..ha..ha!" Maybe it is not a good idea if I give the cancer/tumors voices and words, but sometimes I imagine the cancer cells saying things like "Wooo. A new organ that has no cancer!! I better stake my claim before someone else does." That makes me think a little bit too much about how the mid-west was settled. I do however, have this PAC Man image of the cancer cells eating up my blood cells and depleting my bone marrow. Remember how the video game would give extra points for eating so much and if you at a special icon you got bonus points. I wonder if they consider the bone marrow the bonus points while they hunt down all the blood cells. I wonder which has more points: red or white blood cell??? And most importantly do I have any defenses that act like the ghosts that kill the PAC Man? If so, how many lives do the Cancermen get and can we get them to stop reproducing. I need to see a rule book. Wow - that train of though really took an interesting turn. Apparently I just decided that I have a PAC Man game going on inside my body - Weird.

Now I am imagining what the cancer cells look like. Do the "settlers" have cowboy hats on and hold little flags to stab in the organ to show they have staked claim to that area. I also think whatever PAC Man defenses I have should wear gloves and a hospital masks for protection. I am little creeped out where my thoughts went tonight. I guess that should be the end of my ranting for this evening.

Let's hope I get to sleep soon or I may end up sorting my sock drawer and organizing it by something weird like color, texture or size or worse I may start sketching out what I think the cancer characters in my body look like and say. Yikes! I really need to get back on a good sleep schedule. I am going to start repeating my new mantra.

You are getting very sleepy, You are getting very sleepy, You are getting very sleepy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's wrong with having an organized sock drawer?!

Allison said...

Nothing is wrong with and organized sock drawer, if you are a type A person. Although, organizing it at 3 am might be a bit extreme.