Sunday, March 30, 2008

Great weekend :)

I think I have finally beaten this sickness (knock on wood). I am feeling great this weekend and went out both Friday and Saturday. It was great. I also have plans for today.

It has been so frustrating feeling so poorly and not being able to do anything about it except rest. I have either been out of work completely or part-time since February 19th. This is the most time I have missed from work ever, including my surgery in July.

Friday I left work at 3:30 and I just was not ready to go home. I told myself I would flip a coin and if it came up heads I would go to over to Peter’s Pub for one beer. The problem was by the time I found a coin (and did get heads) I was already in the car and halfway 3 floors down in the parking garage. My next excuse was if I found a parking spot on the 2nd or 3rd floor I would park and go. Well as luck would have it I found one on the 2nd floor close to the stair that leads to Peter’s. I guess the moon and stars were aligned and I was supposed to get a beer.

I know the bartender at Peter’s so I did not feel funny going to a bar by myself. Although I did call a friend of mine, but he was too busy buying paint for his new house. I struck up a couple conversations with my bar mates and talked to a couple co-workers and staying a lot longer than planed. Four hours, 4 beers and a shot of Irish whiskey and plans for lunch on Sunday I left the bar and drove home. I had two offers to see bands that night in Fell’s point and in Northern Baltimore. By the time I got home, got some food, I realized there was no way I would make the 8:30 show. I was still debating about going to the 10:00. At 9:30 I flipped another coin and yet again got heads so I was getting ready to go our when a friend called on her way home and I convinced her to go out with me. The bar was cool and the music was alright. Unfortunately the main band did not come on until 11:45 and I was quickly getting tired. I stayed until 12:30 and headed home.

Wow that is a lot of words for less than 12 hours. I went to a meeting the other day and the word of the day was loquacious. I would say that describes me well. On Saturday I went to acupuncture and then chauffeured my sister around going to Costco and BJ’s. We filled up my SUV with Diapers and food items, mostly for her. By the time I drover her home and unloaded the car it was 5:30 and I was pooped. I took a quick nap and then went to dinner and a movie with a friend. Wow another late night out. I have not done that in ages. I was tired, but boy it felt good.

Today I came into work for a couple hours to set up my new cubicle. I moved from the 5th to the 14th floor over the weekend. I am going for sushi at 12:30pm. I have a couple of hours of work to do and then I am having Sunday night dinner at a friend’s. They promised southern fried chicken. Yum, let’s see if that is on the menu tonight. I would love to try and get a nap in before dinner, but will have to see how lunch and getting some work done goes.

Since tomorrow is my first day back to work full-time I need to make sure I get a good night’s rest. I will be talking to the doctor tomorrow and there is a good chance I will be starting chemo this week. Since this new chemo is experimental, we are not sure of the side effects so this may be my last really good weekend for a while.

No comments: