Monday, December 3, 2007

Never Alone

The first week of the new regimen of treatment went pretty well. I am tired, but no where near as tired as I was the past couple of weeks. The chemo did not hit me as hard even though I had it twice last week. I was nauseous both times, but did not have any vomiting. YIPPEE!!!! They upped my radiation to 4 times a week, but I only have 7 more sessions after today. My chemo on Tuesday’s is only one drug, but Friday’s is a combination of two. Friday’s chemo seemed to hit me more on Sunday that Saturday. This seems to go with the doctor’s original thought that the 2nd day after treatment would be my more tired day. I am not usually one to count down the treatments, but maybe because I can see the end of the tunnel for the year I feel the need to check them off. I only have 6 more chemo treatments for 2007.

This morning I went to the memorial service for my friend that passed away from breast cancer last month. It was very hard and I cried most of the way through the service. The songs really got to me. Maybe it is because I love to sing that the songs get to me the most. It is not fair that Cancer strikes so many people at a young age. She was one of the strongest people I knew. She fought her cancer with dignity and grace that she did everything in her life. People tell me that I am strong and that I am a role model to them. I do not believe that I am any stronger than anyone else. I am who I am. I think we all have challenges in our lives and it is up to us how we choose to deal with them. I do not feel that I am fighting my cancer any different then you would and certainly not how Pam did. I learned many lessons from Pam and her fight with cancer and I hope to be able to follow in her footsteps. She always had a positive attitude and never stopped fighting and looking for the best out of life. I know that with all my many friends that are walking with me (two and four legged) on this journey, that I will be able to get through this.

No comments: