Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Today was not one of my best days, but I guess I am getting used to it. I had a rough night last night and did not go to work today. I skipped radiation today too. I spoke to the doctor and since it is a short week and I am having the cyst removed from the back of my head tomorrow I am not going to have radiation tomorrow either and just going to pick it back up next week.

The exhaustion continues. Today I slept until 2pm. I got up in the morning long enough to call into work and stuff, but I was back asleep by 8:30 and slept through to 2. I feel like my body is betraying me, it seems to have a mind of its own of what it is capable of doing. Once I woke up I laid in bed for 30 minutes trying to tell my body it was time to get up. All the pain medication is making me constipated (not that you wanted to know that), so I better add some prunes to my diet tomorrow.

The pain seems have increased in the pass couple of weeks. I have meds to take but I can't drive or even really function. They make me loopy...or at least loopier than usual. The problem is that if I am already nauseous the meds tend to make it worse. So I have heavy duty anti-nausea meds that make me tired that I take so then I can take the heavy duty pain meds that make me even more tired. Tonight I was laughing and it was causing pain and that is where I draw the line. Of all the things that cause pain, laughter should not be one of them. That is what I am going to pray for tonight - pain free laughter.

I am not particularly looking forward to tomorrow and having needles stuck in my head. I am not sure what the big deal is since in the last 6 months I have had needles stuck in my kidneys and liver. Maybe I don't like the idea of a needle that close to my brain or maybe because I do not have any extra fat around head. At least being nervous about that take my mind off all the other minor stuff like having cancer or being in pain.

1 comment:

CresceNet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.