Friday, October 26, 2007

The Weekend

As I mentioned in a previous post, weekends are not that much fun for me, but I do love to get phone calls and have visitors. Friday nights are pretty rough for me and although I do not get much sleep I do try to go to bed pretty early around 9pm. Saturday mornings I am up early, often as early as 7am. I am usually still pretty nauseous and unable to sleep. It is Saturday afternoons when I sleep. I have found in previous weekends that people are hesitant to call or visit on Saturday mornings and they wait until late morning or early afternoon to call or visit. I encourage you to do the opposite. I have decided that 1:00-4:00pm is my official naptime on Saturday afternoons. Sunday mornings are just the opposite. In the past few weekends I have been able to get a good night sleep on Saturday night and do not get up until around 9-10 on Sunday morning. I guess my message is that I would love to have you help me get though the roughness of the chemo weekends, but there are some times that are better than others. Here’s hoping that the weather clears up and we all have a wonderful fall weekend. PS. I like weeknight visits also. I do not have the energy to go out, but I love it when people come over. I always have wine to share.

No comments: